Google has invited childeren from India for its third Doodle4Google contest . The winner’s doodle will be published on Google India’s homepage on Children’s Day 14 November.
The winning entry will receive a laptop with an year’s Internet subscription as well as a Rs 200,000 technology grant for the school the winner represents.
The competition is open for all children from the age group of 5 to 16 years. This year, our chosen theme is ‘India’s gift to the world’. the participants will be clubbed in three different categories- 1st to 3rd Standard, 4th to 6th Standard and 7th to 10th Standard. Top Indian art schools will select the top 200 entries from each category which will be reviewed by a panel of judges. The judges will then shortlist 15 doodles from each category, bringing it down to a total of 45 final Doodles.
All the final entries will be exhibited for public voting and based on the number of votes, one winner from each category will be selected. Each of the winners will receive a technology starter kit which consists of a laptop and an Internet connection. Dennis Hwang, the original Google Doodler, will then choose the final winning Doodle from the total 45 finalists.
Participating in the competition is simple:
- Children studying in class 1st to 10th can participate in the competition. These will be divided into three categories- 1st to 3rd Standard; 4th to 6th Standard and; 7th to 10th Standard
- All participants must register on the website (www.google.co.in/doodle4google). The submission may be either individually or through the school. The school route is valid only if the school is organizing to collect and submit the doodles on behalf of their students.
- Last date for submissions is 15th September, 2011.
- After a series of elimination by celebrity panel of judges, 45 best Doodles will be displayed on the gallery (www.google.co.in/doodle4google). These entries will be open for public voting allowing users to vote for their favorite Doodle in each category.
- This year we will have 3 winners in total one from each group
- Winning Doodle will be uploaded on the Google.co.in homepage on 14th November 2011, Children’s Day and all the winners will get a Technology Starter Package.
So gather those art supplies. All it takes to enter is a drawing on paper using your favorite medium (crayons, markers, colored pencils, whatever!) –
For information about the contest and to download/print material for use, log onto:www.google.co.in/doodle4google