Google, the web giant, has almost all types of services including social networking that is known as Google+ or Google Plus. Although it does not work like Facebook or Twitter, still many people use Google Plus aka plus.google.com to communicate with friends, relatives, and colleagues. However, the trend of using Google Plus is going down day by day ever since Facebook started adding more functions for users. Getting a Google Plus account is not a big deal because you can have Google+ account with Gmail account. However, if you think that you will no longer use it, you can delete Google Plus account permanently from Google account.
You can remove your Google Plus account without deleting Gmail account. On the other hand, other services will be working as earlier.
Delete Google Plus account permanently from Google account
Before opting for this tutorial, you should know that all the services where you have logged in using Google Plus account, will be logged out and you will need to enter your log in credentials again. Also, your YouTube account need to be removed before deleting your Google Plus account. However, if you have not linked your YouTube account with your Google Plus account, there is nothing to worry and you can skip it.
Do follow these steps to delete Google Plus account permanently.
- Open Google Plus (https://plus.google.com) and enter your log in details of the account that you want to remove.
- Click on Settings that is visible on left-hand side.
- Scroll down to the bottom and find out DELETE YOUR GOOGLE+ PROFILE
- Click on that and enter your password again to confirm the account.
- Now it will ask you to create backup and show you a warning. Make tick in the checkboxes and hit the DELETE
- You will be redirected to a page where you may have to show a reason for leaving Google+. Just enter one according to your wish and hit the SUBMIT button.
After that, you will not able to find your account since that is already deleted. So, this is the standard procedure to remove public Google+ account.
If you do not like the above mentioned tutorial and want to find another wat to remove Google+ account permanently, here is the solution. By following this method, you can download a backup and then remove your Google Plus account from Google account.
- Open Google account dashboard (https://myaccount.google.com/).
- Account preferences > Delete your account or services > Delete products
- Enter account password.
- If you want to download data, click on DOWNLOAD DATA button. Following that, click on the DELETE icon visible next to the Google+ icon.
- Now, follow the screen to complete the process.
Both of the methods do not delete your Google account or Gmail account. However, if you want to remove your Google account, just select Account preferences > Delete your account or services > Delete Google account and date. Hope this tiny tutorial would be helpful for you to delete your Google Plus profile.