Cortana has been an important part of Windows Phone since a long time now. However, Microsoft built the same virtual assistant for Windows 10 as well. In other words, Insider Preview or Technical Preview users of Windows 10 for PC has been using this virtual assistant for a long time now. However, the problem is Cortana is not available throughout the world, Windows 10 is available for the whole world, though. You can find Cortana only in 13 countries including United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, India, Germany, Italy, Spain, Mexico, France, China, Brazil, and Japan. If you are willing to enable Cortana on Windows 10, but you live in a different country, here is how to fix the problem.
So that if you do not belong from that country, you cannot access Cortana. Wherever you try to open Cortana to ask anything, it’s only apologizing to you ” I’m afraid I’m not available to help in your region.”
How to Enable Cortana on Windows 10 from Outside of US, UK
In this article, we will provide a step-by-step guide for you enable Cortana on Windows 10 over the worldwide. There are best 2 ways to enable Cortana on your Windows 10 over the global. But make sure that, your Computer is connected to the Internet. Because without the Internet you unable to download language pack which is essential to fix Cortana.
This way of solution is very efficient not only for Windows 10 computer version but also for your Windows 10 phone. If you are facing the same problem on your Windows 10 device, then this is also applicable to you.
- At first, open the Settings Panel of Windows 10. For that, press Win + I together. Alternatively, you can search for Settings in the Start Menu.
- Now open Time & Language (speech, region, date) option.
- Now open Region & language option. It will show you in what region all country you are belonging.
- Now change the region from your own to the United States or United Kingdom from the drop-down menu.
- Now click on Add a language and Install English (United States) as your primary display language from the list of languages to make an affirmation change.
- After that, go to Date & time tab > change the time zone to US or UK time that you have selected in the Region section.
- Following that, go to Speech tab, select English (United States) as your Speech language.
- Now you have to restart your computer to take all the changes.
Once your system is up to date, you will definitely find Cortana ready to assist you which all the information that you want to search.
If you are reading this article before you install Windows 10 on your PC, then it’s time to get up and make Cortana ready to assist you.
- At first, you select BIOS settings and start to booting.
- When you are going to install Windows 10, you can get a prompt screen.
- It says that, Windows option like clock, language, and region.
- At the same time, just you are select your region as the United States.
Then after the installation process is completed, you can see Cortana is enabled on your Windows 10, no matter about your region.
You can interact with your digital assistant Cortana either using keyboard or microphone. But make sure you are signed in with your Microsoft account because, without it, you cannot open Cortana even Windows Store also.
Hope this tiny trick would be helpful for you to enable Cortana from outside of US or other countries where it is available.