Google has recently launched Chrome OS based Google Pixelbook that comes with an excellent digital assistant app called Google Assistant. If you have used the chat app called Google Allo, you might have seen that it includes the Google Assistant that is quite similar to Apple Siri or Microsoft Cortana. However, as of now, Google Assistant is available on Google Pixelbook only. However, if you want to get Google Assistant on any laptop or computer despite having any operating system including Windows, Mac, Linux, here is how to get it.
How to get Google Assistant on any laptop or computer
There is only one way to use Google Assistant on any laptop or desktop computer, and the best part is you do not have to download any software for that. Like WhatsApp Web, you can use Google Allo for Web that helps users to use Google Assistant on a computer without any issue.
However, the drawback of this technique is you cannot open any software or anything else on your PC. Instead, all the apps and tasks will be executed on your mobile.
If you are okay with that, you can start using Google Assistant on your laptop right away.
- Download Google Allo on your Android or iOS mobile. It does support Android 4.1 or later version and iOS 9.1 or later version.
- Open Google Allo on your mobile and sign up for an account. You need to enter your mobile number for that.
- Therefore, you can include your profile picture in case you want to customize your profile.
- After that, tap on the three-dotted horizontal buttons on your top-left corner and select Allo for web.
- Open a browser on your computer and head over to this site:
- On your PC screen, you should find a QR code that you need to scan with your mobile camera.
- After that, you would be able to use Google Assistant on your laptop.
Disadvantage of using Google Assistant on any laptop
If you have followed this trick and already got Google Assistant through Google Allo chat app, you should know that you may not be able to operate your PC as you can do a Pixelbook. In other words, whenever you enter a command in Google Assistant, it will perform the task on your mobile instead of computer.
That means, if you are saying – close Google Chrome – on your PC, it will close the opened Google Chrome on your mobile. Apart from that, this is ok to use it on your mobile.
About Google Assistant
Google Assistant is a virtual assistant that was initially launched for Android only. However, after few days of launching for Android, the web giant, Google has launched it for iOS as well.
Like Siri or Cortana, you can certainly ask a question to Google Assistant directly and get the answer right on your screen within seconds.
Nowadays, Google has been building some excellent tools with machine learning, and Google Assistant would be very helpful for anybody who is entirely dependent on Google products.
You can do almost anything with Google Assistant. From asking a simple question such as – who is Michael Scofield to What is a human body made of.
That’s all! Just follow these steps to get Google Assistant of Pixelbook on any laptop.